1. Made preparations for China on Tuesday going to walmart and getting things we can’t normally find, like cereal.
2.Mom had a procedure done on Wednesday, it didn’t really provide the relief we were hoping for, just made things more uncomfortable.
3. We said goodbye to everyone Wednesday night at the church. I preached that night on Romans 5 expository. Then we went home and said goodbye to Mom, hardest thing I’ve had to do, ever. Praying The Lord comforts her and dad.
4.Flew to China on Thursday, it took about 30 hours because of all the delays,wondering if the decisions to leave was the right one.
5. Levi, one of the pastor’s here met us at the airport along with two friends. It was good to see them and to know they have been missing us. We had a reuinion with everyone the following day. It was encouraging to see everyone studying in the Word as we stepped in through the door.
6. Spent the day Saturday with the interns studying and evangelising. Our favorite way to evangelise so far is to take the guitar and hit the streets singing hymns and passing out church invites. We had two visitors Sunday as the result of it.
7. Police or Campus security, not sure which, interrupted our singing while passing out church invites. They tried forcefully to take our invites but we hid the rest, we just agreed with them and returned to the church handing out invites on the way back. It was good for the interns to experience this, knowing now what they are getting into.
8. Attended services for the first time in the churches new building which is a basement that we remodeled. It’s amazing what a little bit of paint and curtains can do. I got to watch a young man teach my class for me, he did very well. He used the notes I gave him while adding his own notes. I think the plan with him will be to teach together with him for a month or two until he’s ready to teach on his own.
9. We attended another house church Sunday afternoon. I wrote a post about it below this one.
10. Met another intern for the first time, his name is Wanli. (Wahn Lee) He has been asking me serveral questions about serving The Lord and knowing God’s will for his life. Working with these guys is a great honor, we’re very thankful to The Lord for the opportunity to serve Him in China.