View our 2019 Furlough Video
Quick Points About This Furlough:
- Veteran Church Planting missionaries since 2013 in China and Taiwan
- 2014 My family was arrested and deported from China for attending church services
- 2014 we relocated to Taiwan where we started Compass Baptist Church where we have seen many saved and baptized.
- Currently, six Taiwanese men have surrendered to full time training for the ministry.
- Next term we’re planning to sending these men out to start churches—Lord willing we are ready to start right away with another church plant in the next term!
- We are at Approximately 80% of our recommended support.
I’ve watched John all of his life growing up to become a man who has the heart to do whatever God wants him to do. His wife and my daughter-in-law Alisha shares in his passion for the Lord and for the souls of the Chinese and Taiwanese people. Their lives are a testimony of God’s will and plan unfolding in anyone’s lives who surrender to Him. Would you consider John as your representative to a people who live in spiritual darkness?
-Pastor Tom Walz, Cornerstone Baptist Church Logan, Ohio
The Walz family have been our veteran missionaries since 2011 and we continue to recommend them as an investment into God’s kingdom reaching souls and planting churches in Taiwan.
-Pastor Austin Gardner, Vision Baptist Missions President Alpharetta, GA
Bro. John possesses the character qualities, discipline, and hard work it takes to take on such an endeavor for the Lord. From knowing this young man personally and hearing his passion for the Chinese people, I can tell you this is God’s man for China. Would you consider investing in the souls of Chinese people through this man’s ministry?
-Evangelist Dr. David Wood, David Wood Ministries Trenton, GA
Purchase Our Book: “A Thousand Lives”
Eight missionary families all working in China got together to write this book. It is our prayer that this book will stir to action the hearts of a thousand lives surrendered to the Lord’s service and motivate them to join our cause–to both raise up more laborers and become laborers themselves in the great harvest field of China.
My chapter (chapter 2) in particular deals with how God called us to China but allowed us to experience being arrested and deported. For what cause? It was for the furtherance of the gospel!